Today is our high fat low carb day. I was at a loss at first as to what to cook today, until I remembered my husband Wayne always checking out a site called Peace, Love and Low Carb. I instantly went to the page he already had opened and found these recipes. I must say it came out better than I expected it too. Enjoy!!!
Parmesan-Dijon Crusted Pork Chops
- Boneless Pork Loin Chops (I didn’t get these so I used the one with the bone)
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese – Grated
- 4 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbs. Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 1/4 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Season the pork chops on both sides with a little salt and pepper
- In a shallow mixing bowl combine all of the seasoning, mustard, and olive oil.
- Coat both sides of the pork chops in the mustard mixture
- Coat the mustard covered pork with Parmesan cheese on both sides
- Bake at 400 Degrees for 20 minutes. If the top isn’t golden brown or crispy you can broil it on the top rack until it is crispy or golden brown
Chive Cauliflower Mash
- 1 Medium Head of Cauliflower
- 3 Green Onions
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan – Grated
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 2 Tbs. Horseradish
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbs. Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Steam cauliflower in a covered pot in 1-2 inches of water – Steam until fork tender – About 15 minutes
- Drain the water and leave the cauliflower in the hot pot.
- Fork mash the cauliflower, add the rest of the ingredients, and mash until they are the consistency of mashed potatoes
Hope you guys give this recipe a try, it was AWESOME!